SEVERE WEATHER PROCEDURES:
In the event of severe weather a decision about whether the school will be open or not will be made by 6.15am to ensure the health and safety of all students and staff.
If the decision is to close the school for the day the following arrangements are put in place:
- A prominent message is put on the school’s website
- A message is put on the school answer phone
- An email and a text are sent to all parents who have registered with the school’s ParentMail system
- Three Counties Radio (92.1FM) and Heart (96.6FM) and
- Radio Verulam (92.6FM) are informed and announce the closure at regular intervals
- A senior member of staff comes to the school to inform any students or parents who arrive at the school
The Head Teacher follows Hertfordshire,s school closure notification system so that updated information regarding school closures throughout Hertfordshire is available at www.hertsdirect.org
Please note that, even if the rest of the school is closed, public examinations WILL take place for those candidates who are able to get to the school
School Closure Work
Please follow the link for your daughter’s year group and subject to complete work if we are unavoidably unable to open the school.
Years 12 and 13 will be set work via Google Classroom for the subjects they would have normally had on the day of closure.