Post 16 Introduction
Our main focus at Post 16 is to inspire and prepare students for life after STAGS, whatever their aspirations may be.
We aim to develop their decision-making and problem-solving skills as well as their independence, whilst educating them about the higher education and careers options available to them. Our aims are:
- To place every student on a programme of study appropriate to his/her ability and needs.
- To encourage high academic standards and to enable each student to achieve his/her full potential.
- To encourage and maintain personal high standards in work, conduct and presentation and to foster an acceptance of individual responsibility in this respect.
- To provide all necessary guidance with regard to entry to Universities, Colleges of Higher Education or employment.
- To encourage every student to take a full and active part of Post 16 life and to contribute to the leadership of the school