Applying for an Apprenticeship
Over 150 000 employers are now offering Apprenticeships, including Lloyds, Rolls Royce, BBC, IBM, Unilever, Google, Airbus, BAE Systems and Sky. There are more than 280 types of Apprenticeship and over 15,000 job roles. An Apprenticeship means that you will be working, earning a salary and gaining a qualification at the same time.
Types of Apprenticeship:
- Level 2 - Intermediate Level
- Level 3 - Advanced Level
- Higher Apprenticeship (can lead to an NVQ Level 4, HND or Foundation Degree)
- Degree Apprenticeship
An Apprenticeship takes between 1 and 5 years to complete, depending on the level. Over 70 universities and around 200 colleges are approved to deliver Higher and Degree Apprenticeships.
Why undertake an Apprenticeship?
- Provides training for a specific job
- You are earning whilst you qualify
- Training costs are co-funded by the government and the employer. For a Degree Apprenticeship, tuition fees are paid so there is no need to take out a loan
- You can gain a head start in your chosen profession
- Will help your application for future jobs.
Click here for up to date Apprenticeship opportunities available in the county.