IT is now a key part of our daily life therefore we believe it is essential to invest in the very best IT resources for the education of our students.
We are constantly developing our facilities to support our changing curriculum and accommodate advances in technology . We have recently invested in two suites of Apple Macs, 30 ipads for student use and over 100 Chromebooks. Our strategic aim is to ensure that all students have access to the resources they need to take full advantage of a 21st Century learning experience, making full use of existing and emerging technology.
Our IT technical team work hard to make sure that students have access to all of the resources they need for all aspects of their curriculum. Computing is taught discretely in lessons but also across the curriculum so high level IT capability is very important.
With IT growing rapidly throughout the school we are regularly improving and developing our hardware and software resources to meet the needs of our diverse group of pupils.
Our IT Facilities include:
- 600 Computers for staff and students.
- Three Dedicated IT Rooms and a dedicated 6th form study area with networked laptops
- One class sets of ipads
- Three suites of Apple Mac computers
- Four trolleys of laptops used by all curriculum areas
- LCD projectors and a PC in every classroom
- Interactive whiteboards in most of our classrooms
- Voting consoles for interactive testing and voting
- Access to work from home through CC4Anywhere technologies
- Microsoft Office 2013 Application suite software on all computers
- Adobe Creative Suite software including industry level packages for Graphics, Desktop Publishing, Image and Web design in all ICT suites
If you would like to find out more about our IT Facilities or have any other questions please contact our IT Technical team here.