'It's amazing how much A Levels have changed since my older daughter took them! Thank you for a very informative overview, I feel I now have a much clearer understanding of the courses my son is taking and can support him much better.'
Year 12 Parent 2017
Each new academic year brings new challenges to our students and we want to ensure that parents and carers are fully informed .Therefore an Information Evening is held for certain year groups at relevant point during the school year. The dates are published on the school calendar and a letter will be sent informing parents that the event is approaching. We would encourage all parents/carers to attend, even if they have already had an older child progress through that year group, as things can change very quickly in education.
In general, the topics covered are;
- the curriculum that will be followed in that year or the forthcoming year
- the structure of any external examinations
- expectations of students
- communication of progress and opportunities for parental involvement
- changes to the national education agenda
- support offered to both students and parent/carers