Safeguarding is at the heart of everything we do at St Albans Girls' School. It is of paramount importance that all our students are safe, well cared for and are happy learners.
Safeguarding includes our commitment to safe recruitment of staff, security around the building, child protection, anti-bullying, online and e-safety, PREVENT duty and many other areas. We make sure all policies under the safeguarding umbrella are reviewed regularly, click here to view our Child Protection, Anti-bullying, E-safety, Radicalisation, Health and Safety Policies.
We make sure St Albans Girls' School is a safe and secure place for all our students by;
- ensuring all staff are fully trained in being vigilant to signs that a student is experiencing difficulties in or outside of the school environment. All senior staff are trained at level 3 safeguarding to ensure that there is always someone on site able to deal with child protection issues
- having dedicated pastoral staff trained in pastoral care, and utilising external agencies to provide specialist support when needed
- ensuring all students know that there are a variety of staff they can turn to if they need help or support with a safeguarding matter
- ensuring that the curriculum gives students information, opportunities to explore and learn about all aspects of welfare and safety, both inside and outside the classroom
- ensuring the security of our site is reviewed regularly and discussed at Student and Parent Voice
- All staff have access to and have read the DfE guidance ' Keeping Children Safe in Education' - attached below. if you would like this document in another language, please go to the following website kcsietranslate.lgfl.net.
The Designated Safeguarding Lead at St Albans Girls' School is Karen Thomas (Deputy Headteacher). If you have any concerns about your own child or any other child, please do not hesitate to contact her at school on 01727 853134 / email@example.com. If you have concerns about a child that does not attend STAGS and would prefer to speak to Children's Services personally, please call 0300 1234 043. Please note that information of a safeguarding nature may not be able to be kept confidential.