Well-being is defined by how we feel. Students should feel safe, happy, comfortable and supported. At STAGS we are dedicated to making sure our students achieve a sense of belonging and a feeling of wellbeing in our community. This is turn enables them to focus on achieving their potential so that they can have access to the best possible life chances.
We aim to:
- Empower young people and their parents to actively influence their lives and their living conditions.
- Provide integrated and positive experiences and structures, which promote and protect student’s health.
- Create an ethos of care, respect, participation, responsibility and fairness for all.
- To ensure a safe, supportive and challenging atmosphere.
- To value and support all pupils, their families and staff.
- To encourage a sense of belonging and promote self-esteem and respect.
- To provide good opportunities for partnership working within and outside the school, home, the wider community and key agencies.
- To use the curriculum effectively to enable all pupils and staff to;
- enjoy and succeed in a range of educational, social and cultural experiences.
- make informed choices and decisions that help to ensure a healthy lifestyle.
- make positive contributions to the well-being of STAGS and the wider community.