This fund is designed to help and support students who face financial barriers to participation in education, such as costs of transport, food or equipment.
The fund is divided into a Nominated Bursary and a Discretionary Bursary.
The Nominated Bursary will be available to those who are:
- Young people aged 16 and 17 in care
- Care leavers
- In receipt of Income Support
The Discretionary Bursary is available for those who are in receipt of:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit provided they are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual income (as assessed by HM Revenue & Customs) that does not exceed £16,190
- Working Tax Credit ‘run-on’
More information can be found on the government website here