From providing strategic advice to the senior leadership team to mentoring pupils or running enterprise competitions, engagement from employers at St Albans Girls' School can take many forms.
What is the motivation for your business to engage with St Albans Girls' School?
- Develop young people’s futures by supporting the development of generic work skills, attitudes and behaviours or specific skills such as STEM;
- Broaden career horizons and improve workforce diversity and social mobility;
- Improve educational and employment prospects for disadvantaged pupils;
- Build a network through which to identify and recruit your future talent;
- Support your own employee development and engagement and their personal and professional development and increase employee engagement by giving back to the community;
- Embed corporate social responsibility priorities by contributing to your local to community.
How can you support Careers, Employabilty and Enterprise Education at St Albans Girls' School?
During the year we host a careers fairs in the evening (usually at the start of November), a mock interview day for all Year 11 students in January each year, and on International Women's Day (8 March) we host a speed networking event for students in Year 8. Each of these provide our students with the chance to talk to and learn directly from employers so that they can learn more about the world of work.
As well as this the school participates in various enterprise competitions and events throughout the year.
Below is a practical guide prepared by the Careers and Enterprise Company and CBI which will provide you with ideas and examples of additional ways that you can support the careers development of our students.
If you would like to know more about engaging with this area of the school curriculum please email email@example.com
The Careers Department looks forward to working with you.
If you are interested in talking about sponsorship, please contact Phil O'Neill, Chief Operating Officer on 01727 853134 or firstname.lastname@example.org.