Welcome to all STAGS Parents and Carers
The key aim of the PTA is to provide opportunities for the wider STAGS community to socialise as well as provide financial support through fundraising for the school, and most importantly the students.
Our Current Project: is to purchase two electric vehicles to replace the school mini-bus.
Previously through our fundraising efforts, and your generous support has enabled the PTA to donate:
- £25,000 towards the Centenary celebrations, which includes an new Centenary Garden Area and Outdoor Classroom;
- Full refurbishment of two Food Technology Classrooms (the PTA donated £90,000 to cover the cost of this work);
- A multipurpose Dance Studio (the PTA donated £110,000 to cover the cost of this multi-purpose facility);
- An extension to the canopy area to allow for additional seating during break and lunchtimes;
- New sound loop in the hall;
- A small tractor to enable the Site Staff to make the school playground and entrances safe during the winter months;
- Sewing machines for the textiles department;
- Recycling bins which were requested by the students;
- Funds to refurbish the school library;
- Funds to upgrade the Sixth Form facilities;
- Develop a sensory garden and seating area for students to enjoy outside of lessons;
- As well as many smaller items requested by the academic departments.
View our Welcome video here
What PTA events are taking place this school year?
Sadly due to the Covid-19 pandemic there are no events currently planned to take place.
How can you help?
Parents and Carers can support the PTA in several ways.
Firstly you can become a member and attend the regular meetings. For this academic year all meetings are held online.
Dates for all meetings this year are available on the school’s calendar.
Secondly you can be a volunteer at one of our events.
Thirdly, and most importantly come along to our events throughout the year. They are very enjoyable and are always raising money to support the development of STAGS.
Lastly, if you would like to make a regular donation to the PTA you can set this up by Standing Order by completing the School Fund Donation Form Alternatively you can also donate through the Gateway online payment system. If you are able to, please can you Gift Aid your donations.
We always hugely appreciate the support and generosity of the Parents and Carers of STAGS and would like say thank you for all that you do to promote and enhance the community of the school.
To contact the PTA please email email@example.com
You can view our Data Protection Policy here.
Did you know that whenever you buy anything online – from your weekly shop to your annual holiday – you could be raising free donations for STAGS with easyfundraising?
There are over 4,000 shops and sites on board ready to make a donation – including eBay, Argos, John Lewis, ASOS, Booking.com and M&S – and it won’t cost you a penny extra to help us raise funds.
All you need to do is:
1. Click Here and join for free.
2. Every time you shop online, go to easyfundraising first to find the site you want and start shopping.
3. After you’ve checked out, the retailer will make a donation to STAGS (Friends of STAGS) at no extra cost to you whatsoever!
There are no catches or hidden charges and we will be really grateful for your donations.
The STAGS PTA can also be supported by the members of our community aged over 16 purchasing a weekly £1 lottery ticket from Our School Lottery.
How it Works
- Our page is https://www.yourschoollottery.co.uk/lottery/school/st-albans-girls
- Each School Lottery prize pot is determined by the amount of £1 tickets sold each week.
- Each ticket purchased online (via a direct debit system which can be cancelled at any time) consists of 6 numbers between 0 and 9
- There are TWO prize draws per ticket purchased: the STAGS fund which is a guaranteed winner for our school every Saturday which is drawn on a raffle basis, the winner is selected by a computer at the School Lottery HQ and then each Saturday ALL schools' lottery ticket numbers are entered into a JACKPOT draw, where if you match all 6 numbers you win the £25k JACKPOT!
- Your £1 ticket cost is spilt as follows: 40% goes to the school PTA fund, 36% is put into the school prize kitty and 24% is given to School Lottery for admin and VAT
- All T&Cs with information such as how long you need between signing up and your numbers going 'live' are on the website and can be found here: https://www.yourschoollottery.co.uk/game-rules