Welcome to all STAGS Parents and Carers
The key aim of the PTA is to provide opportunities for the wider STAGS community to socialise as well as provide financial support through fundraising for the school, and most importantly the students.
Our Current Project: is to refurbish the Food Technology classroom with a fundraising aim of £60,000 for this exciting curriculum based project.
Previously through our fundraising efforts, and your generous support has enabled the PTA to donate:
- A multipurpose Dance Studio (the PTA donated £110,000 to cover the cost of this multi-purpose facility);
- An extension to the canopy area to allow for additional seating during break and lunchtimes;
- New sound loop in the hall;
- A small tractor to enable the Site Staff to make the school playground and entrances safe during the winter months;
- Sewing machines for the textiles department;
- Recycling bins which were requested by the students;
- Funds to refurbish the school library;
- Funds to upgrade the Sixth Form facilities;
- Develop a sensory garden and seating area for students to enjoy outside of lessons;
- As well as many smaller items requested by the academic departments.
In September 2016, the school was able to open a new multipurpose Dance Studio which is used throughout the day by the PE department and the local community in the evenings.
Our current project is the refurbishment of the Food Technology classrooms in the Summer of 2019 which will be used by all Key Stage 3 students in their DT lessons, plus the GCSE and A Level Food Technology classes.
What PTA events are taking place this school year?
- Year 7 Welcome BBQ on Sunday 17 September 2017 1pm-3pm
- Nearly New Uniform Sale Saturday 14 October 2017 10am-11.30am
- Winter Fair on Sunday 10 December 2017 doors open at 12 noon
- PTA AGM Monday 5 February 2018 19:30 in the STAGS School Library
- Nearly New Uniform Sale Saturday 24 February 2018 10am-11.30am
- Quiz Night on Friday 23 March 2018 starting at 7pm in the Main Hall
- Nearly New Uniform Sale Saturday 19 May 2018 10am-11.30am
- Summer Fete Sunday 24 June 2018 starts at 12noon.
All PTA events are for the whole family. We look forward to seeing you soon!
How can you help?
Parents and Carers can support the PTA in several ways.
Firstly you can become a member and attend the monthly meetings held at 19:30 in the school library. Dates for all meetings this year are available on the school’s calendar.
Secondly you can be a volunteer at one of our events.
Thirdly, and most importantly come along to our events throughout the year. They are very enjoyable and are always raising money to support the development of STAGS.
Lastly, if you would like to make a regular donation to the PTA you can set up do this by Direct Debit by completing the School Fund Donation Form. Alternatively you can also donate through the Gateway online payment system. If you are able to, please can you Gift Aid your donations.
We always hugely appreciate the support and generosity of the Parents and Carers of STAGS and would like say thank you for all that you do to promote and enhance the community of the school.