The Pastoral Structure at St Albans Girls' School is divided into three Key Stages - Key Stage 3 (Years 7, 8 and 9), Key Stage 4 (Years 10 and 11) and Key Stage 5 (Years 12 and 13). Each Key Stage is led by an Assistant Head - Head of Key Stage and each Year Group is led by a Director of Learning, supported by a team of Form Tutors.
A Student Support Hub is staffed by two non-teaching Student Support Officers and is a safe and welcoming enviroment for students to go if they have difficulties in any aspect of school life. This is a drop-in service and any student can access it at any time.
A non teaching Student and Families Support Worker, Mrs Habib, is also avalible to see students on a 1:1 basis. This is through referal from the Head of Key Stage.
Our Current Pastoral Structure is;
Key Stage Three
- Head of Key Stage - Mrs Blackburn
- Director of Learning Year 7 - Miss Whybrow
- Director of Learning Year 8 - Miss Rose
- Director of Learning Year 9 - Mrs Roston
- Student Support Officer (KS3) - Mrs Lalor
Key Stage Four
- Head of Key Stage - Mr Kershaw
- Director of Learning Year 10 - Miss Lambert
- Director of Learning Year 11 - Mr Kershaw
- Student Support Officer (KS4&5) - Mrs Parrett
Key Stage Five