'The Pastoral Care at STAGS is outstanding. My daughter feels so well cared for'.
Year 7 Parent
The Pastoral Structure at St Albans Girls' School is divided into three Key Stages - Key Stage 3 (Years 7, 8 and 9), Key Stage 4 (Years 10 and 11) and Key Stage 5 (Years 12 and 13). Each Key Stage is led by an Assistant Head - Head of Key Stage and each Year Group is led by a Director of Learning, supported by a team of Form Tutors.
A Student Support Hub is staffed by non-teaching Student Support Officers and is a safe and welcoming environment for students to go if they have difficulties in any aspect of school life. This is a drop-in service and any student can access it at any time.
Non teaching Student Wellbeing Advisers Mrs Habib and Mrs Robin, are available to see students on a 1:1 basis. This is through referral from the Head of Key Stage.
Our Current Pastoral Structure is:
Key Stage Three
- Head of Key Stage - Ms T Holland
- Director of Learning Year 7 - Ms V Haria
- Director of Learning Year 8 - Ms R Ward
- Director of Learning Year 9 - Mrs A Harvey
- Assistant Director of Learning - Ms S Penfold
Key Stage Four
- Head of Key Stage - Mr D Tansley
- Director of Learning Year 10 & 11 - Ms A Hewitt
- Assistant Director of Learning - Ms H Rock
Key Stage Five
- Head of Key Stage - Mrs J Pipes (From Sept 2023 - Ms S Taylor)
- Directors of Learning KS5 - Mrs E Lambert, Mr J James
- Student Support Manager - Mrs A Clewlow
Student Support Lead - Mrs K Lalor, Miss S Sealy, Mrs N Miller
Student Support Officers - Miss S Sealy, Mrs N Miller
Student Wellbeing Advisers - Mrs J Habib / Mrs R Robin